Coastal Marine Monitoring
The Aquatic Bioassay & Consulting Laboratories, Inc. (Aquatic Bioassay) team of scientists has been successfully performing coastal and harbor marine monitoring surveys for many Southern and Central California industries and municipalities from San Luis Obispo to San Diego since 1988. Our team is led by biologists, toxicologists, chemists and oceanographers with decades of experience helping clients to meet their regulatory requirements.
- Our team members have been active participants in each of the Southern California Bight Regional Monitoring programs since 1994 and are responsible for two of the largest ongoing NPDES municipal monitoring programs in southern California.
- Our field and laboratory capabilities include sampling and analysis for sediment and water chemistry, benthic infauna, tissue bioaccumulation, trawled organisms, current meter studies, ichthyoplankton, water quality profiling using electronic sensor packages, particle size and bacteria.
- Our team routinely conducts video dive surveys of effluent discharge pipes.
- All of our taxonomists are active participants in the Southern California Association of Marine Invertebrate Taxonomists (SCAMIT) and Southern California Association of Ichthyological Taxonomists and Ecologists (SCAITE).
- Each of our marine monitoring capabilities are in compliance with the field and laboratory protocols developed by the United States Environmental Protection Agency (USEPA), the State of California’s Surface Water Ambient Monitoring Program (SWAMP) and the Southern California Bight Regional Monitoring Program (SCBRMP).
- We provide all the services pertaining to monitoring design, sample collection, data management and analysis, and reports ready for submittal to local, state and federal agencies.